Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_588591930

Help with kitchen layout

Renee
18 days ago
last modified: 18 days ago

Thoughts on making this kitchen more functional? I am struggling with separating the column refrigerator and freezer on the back wall when the microwave, air fryer and other appliances would be around the corner. I am also not a fan of making the pantry the scullery because I prefer not to leave the kitchen to go behind the kitchen to utilize those appliances. I think this needs an entire rework and I'm open to ideas.

Comments (17)

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    18 days ago

What is the information you gave to the designer that gave you this kitchen?

• Renee
    Original Author
    18 days ago

I requested an island with conversation seating for 5, 48" range, 30" column refrigerator and freezer, extra beverage cooler or refrigerator for drinks, prefer not to see appliances out on the countertops like toaster, air fryer or blender and not a fan of microwave drawers.

• herbflavor
    18 days ago

explain a little more..addition to your home? relocating kitchen here? new construction? I dont care for the mudroom or general foot traffic from the outside coming thru the main aisle where sink/fridge get crossing traffic as it appears. showing more of the first floor of the home may help get something more desirable.

• thinkdesignlive
    18 days ago

Showing aisle spacing would be helpful for best comments. I see a pinch point at the island seating oriented by the range. When butts are in seats this will be problematic. I’d orient the island seating to have 2 at the end and 3 - 4 along the long end. None on the working side.

• thinkdesignlive
    18 days ago

And yes seeing the whole floor plan is needed. I too am concerned about mudroom orientation and traffic patterns.

• Renee
    Original Author
    18 days ago

• Renee
    Original Author
    18 days ago

This is a new build and on the right side of the house will be three bedrooms. Worth noting, I am also trying to optimize the view from the front of the house and back of the house.

• dan1888
    18 days ago

This floorplan could be reworked to get the master bedroom a bigger rear view and privacy than the small window showing for a front view. More to the left could impact that. Like a side entrance garage, etc.

• PRO
    PPF.
    18 days ago

I think this needs an entire rework and I'm open to ideas.

I know you were just referring to the kitchen, but I'll suggest the entire plan needs a rethink.

This looks like a plan where individual rooms were placed, then connected to other rooms as needed. Leftover spaces filled with a closet.

• Renee
    Original Author
    18 days ago

I agree, it just doesn't flow.

• Architectrunnerguy
    18 days ago

If you want to "optimize the view", don't be timid with windows. Blow the whole wall out.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    18 days ago
    last modified: 18 days ago

It is hard for me to read the plan. Does that say "master bedroom" or "maid's bedroom" in the room off the kitchen?

(tongue in cheek)

• Renee
    Original Author
    18 days ago

LOL, same person so either label applies. ;)

• dan1888
    18 days ago

You might as well post the whole floorplan, location area for climate and which side faces South. Any pics of the views or property could help.

• thinkdesignlive
    17 days ago

I find the front foyer into a breakfast nook very odd. Yes please post the whole floor plan - no dining room?

• PRO
    Rabbitt Design
    17 days ago

Re-worked, spent 45 min...for whatever thats worth :)

• Renee
    Original Author
    17 days ago

Wow, Rabbitt Design, thank you so much for taking the time to do that! I love your ideas.