Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristenjonet

Dining Room Paint Color

kristenjonet
13 days ago

Hi! I have a very wide galley kitchen the ends with a dining room. Currenly the walls are a basic grey but I'd like to update the space, maybe with some moody blue vibes? But would that be too much? The room doesn't get a ton of light, so idk if going dark would work here. What would you do?

Comments (8)

• Lyn Nielson
    12 days ago

I would Paint just that wall SW Naval (a deep navy)

and remove the small frames, keep it simple.

I am wondering what the white cubby unit is for?

Do you need a designated space for a coffee bar?

• apple_pie_order
    12 days ago

If you go with a dark moody paint on the coffee wall, replace the art pieces with one or two large dramatic art pieces (at least poster size 24 by 36 inches each). The art should make a big statement - the dark wall acts to frame it with contrast.

• kandrewspa
    12 days ago

I am already not loving the gray with your kitchen cabinets which are a warm wood. Blue would double down on the contrast, which is probably why the other commenters are suggesting it be only on the end wall. That keeps it away from the cabinets but gives you the different look that you're hoping for. Is there blue in the adjacent room? If you don't have blue anywhere else, one blue wall is going to look random and out of place. I agree that what's hanging on the wall should be redone. After you paint, rethink what's there.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    12 days ago

Lower all those pieces on the wall.

You might want to consider painting the wall white.

• chloebud
    12 days ago

I agree with painting the wall white in your case. A soft white would work with the warm wood cabinets and floor. Color can be brought in with art, such as two large pieces apple_pie suggested.

Regarding the items on the wall, you can see the difference in Beverly’s example. Lowering them provides a connection to the cabinet vs floating too high above it.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    12 days ago

Warm white would work

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

Dark blue would be probably too dark for your space

• kristenjonet
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Thank you so much everyone for your advice and color renderings! I had no idea the gallery wall was so high up on the wall ( I'm a taller gal and it never phased me). But after looking at the picture you all are right! I also agree that warm white would work best in the space.

You all are the best! Thank you!