dln32

Front Door-Iron Work

dln32
11 days ago

Do you think this style front door would compliment my house? Thank you

Comments (18)

• Kendrah
    11 days ago

No. Aside from being an ugly door, your home has a really classic feel to it and this iron door does not compliment the classic vibe. Fantastic garden by the way.

• dln32
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Thank you

• dln32
    Original Author
    11 days ago

What about this one?

• dln32
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Ty if I go with it I will do it in a very dark brown color. Thx again

• Kendrah
    11 days ago

Even better. Dark brown would look great. Such a pretty house.

• RedRyder
    11 days ago

Here are three more door ideas for you.

• dln32
    Original Author
    11 days ago

Ty all are beautiful. I'm leaning to some iron. I've in AZ. It will be nice to open the screen in the winter. 😍

• btydrvn
    10 days ago

I like what you have ..this house doesn’t really need any eye-catching door..and this one has a striking simplicity that is just right….if you want to add a subtle accent to the entry…maybe a slight color change in some of the architectural features….cute doggie😀

• dln32
    Original Author
    9 days ago

Thank you 😍

• Kate
    9 days ago

I think a new door would be great! Your current door looks a bit jailhouse to me. I dark bronze color would help.

• Ruth
    9 days ago

I actually love the funky door you originally posted. I think it would look great on your house. It looks as if you put a work of art on your front door. Have a little fun with your house.

• S J
    9 days ago

I really like the door, especially with your landscape plantings.

Does it exactly complement the house? No. Others posted fit the bill better. But, if you want something a bit outside the box, I think you chose a good one!

• PRO
    Minardi
    9 days ago

Cheap iron doors rust quickly and do not have a thermal break. They are mostly just kinda ugly all the way around.

• dln32
    Original Author
    8 days ago

Interesting I didn't know they would rust? They are popular in AZ since you can leave the door open in the winter. And still have security.

• dln32
    Original Author
    8 days ago

Thank you for letting me know that. Bc these doors they are selling are extremely expensive and I don't wantedbyo end up rusted out

• worthyvess
    7 days ago

One thing I’ve learned, if you have to talk yourself into it, you won’t like it. Since you posted the question, I feel like you don’t love the first design you posted. I do think some sort of simple scrollwork would be nice, the vertical bars on the existing door seem to my eye to clash with the arches. Agree also with existing proportion of door seems appropriate, and would probably save you some money.
    That’s interesting what they do in Arizona! Brings a screen door to a whole new level!

• dln32
    Original Author
    7 days ago

Ty. 😀