Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leslie_703

Architectural Interest

Leslie
9 days ago

I’m looking to add some architectural interest around the windows. However, not really sure what to do. Cedar shakes? Additional wood pieces?

Comments (15)

• Kendrah
    9 days ago

Your shingles and bricks already add so much texture to the front of your house I think it will look chaotic to put any kind of architectural treatment around the windows. The color that is there now around the windows works but perhaps you could find a better color.

The lamp post, address numbers, and stone walk way are just photoshopped in, correct? I'd skip all three. It seems like you are unhappy with the front of the house and are junking it up instead of streamlining it. Do you have an unphotoshopped picture of it?

• susan49417
    9 days ago

Yes, post a picture without the photoshopped elements so we can see how the house really looks. Then we can offer suggestions.

• arcy_gw
    9 days ago

The home is fine as is. More would be waaay too much. I might look at the green shrubbery, find something more interesting to enhance your home.

• Leslie
    Original Author
    8 days ago

Here is a picture as the house is. The photo I posted is what we are planning on painting.

• Leslie
    Original Author
    8 days ago

Haha, sorry this other pic is on here. I can’t delete it!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    8 days ago

The gray trim looks WAY better than the red. Looks like you photoshopped some landscaping, which also looks very nice. I wouldn't gild the lily--just paint the trim (including the garage door, do some landscaping, and call it a day.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    8 days ago

I agree with other posters. There's enough going on around your windows already. Wouldn't suggest adding anything else to them.

• anj_p
    8 days ago

I agree, I like the painted trim. I would not add anything to the windows.

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    8 days ago

No love for the red? I agree with the others- paint out the red (urbane bronze?) and otherwise I would invest in more landscaping

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 days ago

Stick to the new color for the trim and you are done no more anything.

• Leslie
    Original Author
    8 days ago

I was going to use SW Iron Ore for facia, soffit, gutters, column.

• anj_p
    8 days ago

Urbane bronze might look good (better?) Especially since it would tie into the browns in your brick.

• millworkman
    8 days ago

Bronze color over the black for sure.

• Leslie
    Original Author
    8 days ago

I’ve got samples of both, so I’ll see what ties in better with the brick.

• Yvonne Martin
    8 days ago

Agree to add nothing to the windows but paint out the red and update the landscaping.