Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_989131761

HELP! Exterior Paint with Stucco, Paneling, Trim

Jill Schapper
14 days ago
last modified: 14 days ago

We are painting the exterior of our home on 6/10/24 (budget permits for paint only and no changes to materials of the exterior) and are struggling with what colors to use and how to incorporate the vertical paneling. We live near the beach and harbor and would like a light and airy feel, so have considered neutral offwhite and light blue/seafoam, but have also considered a more generic offwhite and darker taupe accent. We are definitely wanting a clean feel to get away from the dark goldenrod and iron ore that it is now. The paneling is not removable without redoing the stucco, and additional paneling cannot be added ontop of the stucco without it being uneven, alas we are opting to just paint and work towards landscaping. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Comments (7)

• cat_ky
    14 days ago

What color are you painting the stucco?

• Jill Schapper
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Likely an offewhite color. I should have clarified were looking for suggestions for all colors to paint the stucco, trim, paneling.

• elcieg
    14 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

I feel your pain. It is a difficult decision. The driver of the bus here is the roof. It is what it is....black. My thought is you paint the house bright white (B.M. Chantilly Lace) and the panel inserts black, as well as the garage door.

Important that the foundation color be painted white....so everything that is golden rod is gone.

Stone driveway...it will change the look of your house. Just make sure the stones are larger than the tread of the tires.

Bright white and black work for beach feel...how about an awning pergola over the garage door. Add a climber...I use climbing hydrangeas, also in white. The other climber I have on my fencing is Sweet Autumn Clematis. It is a gift from heaven. It starts its growth early in May and by June the plants give you lovely, small leaves as it grows all over a fence, pergola, hedge and when it blooms in August , the smell would give Coco Chanel a run for her money. Come late fall, cut it back to the root.

Hydrangeas ...I have lime light in the yard. Bright white in summer and as fall approaches the petals start turning pink. Gorgeous plant...just trim it back in the end of season.

• PRO
    lisedv
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

To take away from the choppy look of the stucco and siding, I suggest your paint the entire house in the same colour. Shown below in a warm white with Robin's Egg Blue door. A few accents in stained wood, a long flower box along the front of the house and detailing in the gable. If you can reposition the wood plank at the bottom of the gable to sit on top of the stucco and siding it would look better than not going in the middle section as it is now. Then work on your landscaping and plantings according to what works in your area. I also suggest you upgrade the look of your landscaping lights.

Note: the colours shown below by boxerpal are the perfect choice, a warm white and right blue...

Other nice warm whites:

• Boxerpal
    12 days ago

I vote same soothing color of a light creamy white with Santorini Benjamin Moore blue door.

Coastal, clean and fresh!

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    12 days ago

I would use off-whites

1. Calm BM

2.Silver satin BM

3. American White

• TanCalGal
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

Since the garage door is the main focal point of the house, I might upscale it at some point. Keep the house color simple and let the garage doors add the pizzaz; https://www.houzz.com/photos/cowart-door-full-view-garage-doors-eclectic-garage-austin-phvw-vp~4452227