Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
monke

Milgard Ultra C650 vs Marvin Infinity

monke
15 days ago
last modified: 14 days ago

Looking for recommendations on window replacement companies that include Renewal by Anderson, Infinity by Marvin, or Milgard Ultra Series C650. Would appreciate hearing about whether you would purchase them again.

Comments (8)

• dennisgli
    14 days ago

Confusing question -

I didn't think that Renewal by Andersen installed fiberglass windows?

And I'm from the east coast but I also didn't think Milgard had a replacement window service?

So that leaves Marvin Replacement?

• oberon476
    14 days ago

Renewal is not fiberglass, it's Fibrex, a woodchip/vinyl composite material that Andersen uses for Renewal, 100 series, and as bits and parts here and there of other window lines.

Andersen A series is a (mostly) fiberglass system, but no direct relation to Renewal other than same corporation.

Milgard Ultra Series C650 is fiberglass, but also never heard of Milgard having an install service.

Infinity is a fiberglass replacement window that, like Renewal, includes install as part of the package. Personally I think it's a pretty nice product and one I would look at if I were ever contemplating replacement windows....

• monke
    Original Author
    14 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

I'd like recommendations ya or nay for Renewal by Anderson (Fibrex), Milgard Ultra Series C650 (Fiberglass), and Infinity by Marvin (Fiberglass).

We live in a desert climate and are replacing 2 large slider windows and 2 slider Patio Doors all with full sun exposure.

My understanding is all the above choices have a more stable finish and better material. Meaning no chalking, peeling, or expansion and contraction with change of temperature like our aluminum and vinyl windows have.

Has anyone had issues with chalking, peeling, or separation/expansion issues with the 3 fore-mentioned?

Pro's and con's?

Thank you for the responses.

• rerod
    11 days ago

I was thinking thermally broken aluminum, because I'd probably be taping window film kits to them anyway.. Im in Iowa millworkman.

• monke
    Original Author
    6 days ago

Las Vegas, NV. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter and why I was looking at the fiberglass. It's my understanding fiberglass and glass move about the same rate with temperature.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    6 days ago

The claim that fiberglass and glass move at the same rate is mostly marketing spin by fiberglass manufacturers. Besides being patently false (fiberglass expands at about 3X the rate of plate glass), it's also inconsequential to the longevity and strength of the window.

• BlueBlob Gaming
    yesterday

Marvin is trash cracked flaking peeling fiberglass within 80 days drafty and yellowing paint on

Interiors 1 year later Marvin came out for 2 short 4.5 hour trips and this is the reply