Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirstenfox

Help soften stark white stucco exterior without complete repaint

kirstenfox
11 days ago
last modified: 11 days ago

Hello. We recently purchased a home in New Mexico with incredible views and spacious interiors. It has newer white stucco that doesn’t blend with high desert neighborhood and appears boxy and stark. Planting and changing door and deck rail color (can’t change cool-toned decking). Will install new light fixtures. Without completely repainting in pale, warm neutral, any suggestions appreciated. Would a shade warmer on accent wall be weird? And garage door ideas? Thank you!

Comments (5)

• kirstenfox
    Original Author
    11 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

(It wouldn’t allow photo to upload in post so added as comments.)

• HU-187528210
    11 days ago

The white in the house itself is fine.

The red door is inappropriate. And I’d change out the garage door as well.

The white railing is the biggest issue for me. I think once you change it (black) it’ll be ten times better.

Nice house!! Lovely views!! 💖

kirstenfox thanked HU-187528210
  • Kendrah
    11 days ago

No to the one accent wall. Bring in a reference to a slightly more Spanish mission vibe by adding dark wood accents: dark wood front door, garage door, line the front walk and deck with dark wood planter. Paint the deck railing. Consider some tile murals with dark wood trim hung on the exterior wall of the garage by the entry and on the deck walls. Dark wood outdoor furniture. You are never going to get a classic mission look from the house, but by referring to the color scheme you will ground and soften the stark white.

You are right on with lighting and planting changes.

kirstenfox thanked Kendrah
  • kirstenfox
    Original Author
    10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

Thank you, @kendrah and @HU-187528210. Great ideas! I’m not a fan of white houses with such simple lines (unless coastal). What door colors complement the modern white architecture with high desert landscape—I do like the dark (but not black) wood ideas once we replace them? II I think I think it I think it would have I think it would have to be I think it would have to be a I think it would have to be a fair I think it would have to be a fairly I think it would have to be a fairly bold I think it would have to be a fairly bold color, I think it would have to be a fairly bold color counter, I think it would have to be a fairly bold color, counter, the strong I think it would have to be a fairly bold color, counter, the strong white, I think it would have to be a fairly bold, color, counter, the strong white, such I think it would have to be a fairly bold, color, counter, the strong white, such as I think it would have to be a fairly bold, color, counter, the strong white, such as a I think it would have to be a fairly bold, color, counter, the strong white, such as a fun, I think it would have to be a fairly bold, color, counter, the strong white, such as a fun green or slate blue, but I do not know But I do not know. All nearby houses are earth tones, which I prefer.

• kirstenfox
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Follow up to my door paint query, perhaps this warm green (BM Mohegan Sage; not my house in photo, of course and slightly warmer stucco)?