Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carlamcguire

Hiding the back of a recliner

carlamcguire
8 years ago
Any idea of what I can put here that would hide the bottom of my new recliner sofa? You can see the bar from far away then you can see it more when you recline.

Comments (21)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 years ago

What ever you place there will be in the way of the reclining back. Is there an alternate layout for the room?

• carlamcguire
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Actually these are power recliners and they only need 2" since they recline forward. I can easy put something back there
  • User
    8 years ago

Can you give us a better picture of the room?

• carlamcguire
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    One angle
  • carlamcguire
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Two more angles
  • carlamcguire
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I have a bench at the other end. Sounds like what you are suggesting. Is it?
  • Susan Schonfeld
    6 years ago

I am thinking that too - a very low 18” bench and they come in different lengths. Any other ideas besides a storage bench as that does not fit in my decor

• kavithabanda
    6 years ago

Hello! What did you end up doing? I'm in the same boat.

• Molly Hylton
    5 years ago
    How can I hide the back of a reclining sofa? I need a leather skirt on the back that can attach to the Velcro. Is there such a thing and if so where can I order one ?
  • Carl Martin
    3 years ago

My question is the same as Molly Hilton; “How can I hide the back of a reclining sofa? I need a leather skirt on the back that can attach to the Velcro. Is there such a thing and if so where can I order one ?”

• Theresa Osburn
    3 years ago

I am in the same situation. Has anyone found something other than a table or bench?

• grabo59
    2 years ago

I am also in same situation. Any solution to adding to the faux leather

• Sarah Nix
    2 years ago

You could try a sofa table with decor on it or a bar like table with stools. 🙂

• Preeti R
    8 months ago

Just stumbled upon this thread while searching the solution for the same issue. We just bought the reclining sofa not realizing it will be an eyesore😩Were you able to find the solution of this problem?

• Preeti R
    8 months ago

Unfortunately Can’t put sofa table because of the room layout

• michele paulson
    6 months ago

Same problem here. Very expensive flexsteel reclining sofa and loveseat. The way it is made the skirt on the back is not long enough. Complete eyesore! No way to put furniture against the wall. In the showroom the furniture was back to back so never noticed.

• Preeti R
    6 months ago

I have the same problem, did not notice it in the store before my purchase because the way these couches are staged in the furniture store, don’t know what to do now. I have flexsteel sofa too😩

• Theda Nagengast
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

I have the same problem. Purchased a flexsteel reclining couch and loveseat. I was told you needed 7” clearance so I used the flexsteel app and laid it all out. Thought it should work and now I can not use my couch table. Really disappointed $7000 later!

• chispa
    13 days ago

The solution is to look for reclining sofas that are a bit more attractive! I bought this one for our TV/bonus room because it was comfortable and had cleaner lines from all angles. Smart Sofa from Bracci. I also like that when you don't need to be reclining the profile of the sofa is much lower and more inviting when you are entertaining people.

• jeansmyth
    11 days ago

I am in the same boat. Spent $7000 and now an eyesore. Suggestion was a 12" high planter box. This will allow the tilt back. They make 72" planter boxes but I can't find one that would look nice indoors.