Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaitlyn_sartory

Need advice on modernizing this Tuscan bathroom without re-tiling

K Sar
13 days ago

This bathroom is very a early 2000s Tuscan vibe - would love to update without retiling if possible? Or do we need re tile?

Comments (8)

• deegw
    13 days ago

What style do you like? What is your budget?

The only thing that looks Tuscan to me is the accent tile on the floor. You could paint it and it would be a lot less noticeable. Do you have the accent tiles in the shower as well?

The counter, lights and mirrors are not Tuscan but they are a little generic and boring. Updating them shouldn't be too costly.

If you could share inspiration photos that would be helpful.

• S J
    13 days ago

I'd get new light fixtures, new mirrors, and new cabinet hardware. Then, add a large white rug that sits from the entry door to the end of the vanity, and paint the room white.

• Susan Davis
    13 days ago

I think the granite is the culprit; you can find left over pieces stone yards for a new look.

This looks nothing like your bathroom, but work with me. LOL. the floor is a neutral, and everything else is white. Keep your floor tile, paint or replace the offending little accent tile, very carefully. Then find a lighter paint than the floor and go with it. again just a suggestion. Good luck.

Fairway House · More Info

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    12 days ago

Fortunately, style is trending from Modern Farmhouse to Modern Cottage and many of your elements fit right into that trend.

I would consider wallpaper for the wall and changing out the light fixtures. No need to have the light shining up to illuminate an exhaust fan.

• husterd
    12 days ago

Update: New downward lights, new interesting mirrors with frames (or add frames to existing mirrors), new countertop, paint the vanity, new hardware including towel rods, probably new faucets, and new color on the walls. A bigger rug all needed on floor. Coordinate hardware/faucets finish with whatever is in the shower. All predicated on shower being neutral finishes. To raise the bar add glass shower/bath doors. That can be done later when budget allows.

• Katie B.
    11 days ago

Nothing wrong with cabochons! I wouldn’t touch any hard surfaces. Paint the bathroom white. Get a longer linen shower curtain (or regular curtain and use a liner) and put it up with a rod higher toward the ceiling. I’m thinking new modern black faucets and coordinating door hardware and lights. That’s it. Check out restoration hardware for inspiration.

• Katie B.
    11 days ago

I tried to find a photo of what’s in my head. This is the closest I could find. They’re focused on the flooring but hopefully you can visualize the floor, wood, white linen, and black combo that would work beautifully in your bathroom. 👌

• Kendrah
    11 days ago

No need to retile. I think the floor is a very nice neutral. The granite is dating the room. Get a new vanity top, lights, and mirrors. Put on a fresh coat of paint. The place will feel new without touching the tile.