Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_723760235

Can items (including large appliances) be shipped to a storage unit?

I live in USA. I am a disabled white female. I want to get items shipped directly to my storage unit (especially large appliances). Is there a form I need to ask for or definition/term with the precise decrypting of what I described so I know what to tell them and ask?

Comments (16)

• Lindsey_CA
    11 months ago

Why don't you call the manager at the storage facility and ask if this can be done, and, if so, what the correct procedure would be. I would imagine that you or someone on your behalf would need to be there to allow access to the unit and sign for the delivery/deliveries. Also call the manager of the store from which you will purchase the appliances and ask if they will deliver to a storage unit.

• I don't own a home though
    Original Author
    11 months ago

The storage unit company doesn't usually answer. They have an automated kiosk and website. 

Most appliances I order from a website

• Toronto Veterinarian
    11 months ago

If there's someone there to receive them, I imagine they could be. Check the fine print on the contract for the storage unit company for weird restrictions.

• Helen
    11 months ago

What are you trying to accomplish by using a storage facility.

As others have posted, you need someone who is willing to take responsibility for assuring that the correct items have been received and then having the items put in what i assume is your locked storage facility. I certainly wouldn't trust the person manning the front desk to do that for me

When I ordered my appliances for my remodel, I had them held at the store until I was ready to have them actually delivered to my home. They were having the items shipped to them anyway so setting up a future delivery time wasn't an issue.

• Kendrah
    11 months ago

I'm dealing with furniture that is ready for delivery but my apartment is not. So I am having the warehouse push back delivery. By when do you anticipate actually needing these items in your home? Can you have the delivery date pushed back until then?

Any storage facility I have used, you have to be there to let someone in to your space. I would image that a place that doesn't answer the phone and only has a kiosk would not be a reliable entity to receive a delivery.

Also, just out of curiosity, why did you list your race in your original question?

Original Author
    11 months ago

There's not something I can touch on-screen to reply to each comment

Original Author
    11 months ago

Information to all of you: I'm not a landlord.

I rent places to live for average, usual everyday use. .. I'm an individual

Original Author
    11 months ago

How do I reply to a comment?

• dan1888
    11 months ago

You can still find a contact number for an internet store. Google the company name and phone if it isn't listed at the bottom of their homepage under Contact.

Original Author
    11 months ago

The places that I call On Google aren't usually really that business/company... those people don't really work there or aren't legitimately employed there

• User
    11 months ago

You likely want what in the design world we call a "receiver", rather than just a plain unresponsive storage unit. A receiver will accept deliveries, check them over, file any paperwork for freight damage, then store them until it is time for redelivery. They will then deliver, and carry them into the home, not just leave them on the driveway. They do not do installs of anything though. That is up to you, or your designated agent, such as your general contractor, to accomplish. Many "moving and storage" companies are moving into that territory, so do screen them about how they handle things, including damage during storage, when they are responsible for the items. You want people with an appliance dolly and lift gate both.

• A Mat
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

i have no idea what the OP wants.

The OP can obtain what ever they are willing to pay for. i have no idea of the location or the circanstances, but if it quacks like a duck….

Applicances with contrabane?

Why does she need help from the internet?

• Kendrah
    11 months ago

Original poster - Houzz can be really confusing. You can't hit reply to respond to an individual. You just need to post a new comment and in that comment let them know who you are responding to.

Sorry your situation is tricky and frustrating.

• dan1888
    11 months ago

You can list the store you'll be ordering from. We can find a contact number for you.

• dadoes
    11 months ago

@I don't own a home though, you can direct a reply to a specific person by including @ their board name in the post, as I did on this one to you.