Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

This is a new one for RE listing

palimpsest
last month

There were three food photos and one beer and liquor photo for this residential listing.

Comments (10)

• Jennifer Hogan
    last month

Reminds me of a listing my niece went to when she was looking for a home last year. Looked at everything, but this one home had shoes and clothing strewn all over the place, dirty dishes and cluttered counters in the listing photos. They made an appointment, went to see the place and walked into the one bedroom and found the teenage son sleeping in the bed.

• palimpsest
    Original Author
    last month

They look like Emmys yes.

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    last month

At least it's a nice spread, not leftovers from last night's party strewn all over the counter alongside a pile of dirty dishes.

• chloe00s
    last month

That’s an awful way to “stage” a house for a real estate listing! Ridiculous…

• T T
    last month

Looks like they took random photos during a party. There are people in the top left of the photo. Maybe they cleaned the house before the party and figured this is the best it will ever look.

• Toronto Veterinarian
    last month

Superbowl party?

Weird! Can you share the listing?

• palimpsest
    Original Author
    last month
    last modified: last month

Actually I would rather not share the whole listing, when I posted it here criticizing this one aspect of the marketing. It's a combination of realtor photos of carefully edited rooms--it's not exactly staged, but decluttered--and these photos with the food and drink. I don't think that this adds to the attraction of the property.

I posted this to another group, and granted this particular photo is focused on food, but the comments about the display were not particularly positive--in that this is not really how you would stage food in a photo, the food would be more nicely arranged, and people didn't like the tablecloth or mixed patterns of the dishes and tablecloth and so forth. And a couple people even said that the food didn't look very appetizing.

That may be neither here nor there, it's not a catering advertisement, it's hard to speculate what the food would actually taste like, how many people arrange food artfully for a casual get together? But the issue is, that people focused on this photo in a more negative way than positive.

Including the food photos, a quarter of the photos are not really of the house itself. I am not sure what the marketing intent is, but I don't think the food is working the way they anticipated?

• Toronto Veterinarian
    last month

" but I don't think the food is working the way they anticipated? "

Who knows.....we don't know what the intent is, and we can't guess from just one photo. It might be a message for some people (who aren't us).

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    last month
    last modified: last month

"...in that this is not really how you would stage food in a photo, the food would be more nicely arranged, and people didn't like the tablecloth or mixed patterns of the dishes and tablecloth and so forth..."

I must be from the lower classes because that's pretty much how food is arranged at parties in my circle (nicer, actually...), I think it looks tasty, and the tablecloth isn't what I'm looking at when I see food ready for the taking.

ETA: And I put out a mix of patterned serving dishes because that's what I have.