Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
b__christensen

Re-paint townhome garage help

B. Christensen
11 months ago

Hello! My mother-in-law is buying a new townhome/duplex. Builders have agreed to repaint the garage door and front door as part of the agreement. Both units will be repainted as no one lives in the other unit yet. She would like to get rid of the garage door color. She was hoping to pull out a color from the brick. Possibly a gray?? She doesn't like the brown garage at all. The stucco paint and trim around the garage and roof will not be changed. Just the garage door and front door will be the same as the garage door. Here are the existing colors.
Trim around garage and lining roof– SW 6141 Softer Tan
https://www.sherwin-williams.com/en-us/color/color-family/yellow-paint-colors/sw6141-softer-tan
Stucco – SW 9103 Farro
https://www.sherwin-williams.com/en-us/color/color-family/orange-paint-colors/sw9103-farro
XGarage (to be replaced) – SW 6061 Tanbark
Would this color work to pull out the stone color? Would it go with the trim and stucco?
SW 7068 Grizzle Gray
https://www.sherwin-williams.com/en-us/color/color-family/neutral-paint-colors/sw7068-grizzle-gray
Thank you for your help!

Comments (7)

• B. Christensen
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Is there an app or database where I can put all three of the the hex codes in or RGB colors in to see if they are complimentary to each other?

• chispa
    10 months ago

As much as I dislike that mustard/gold stucco color, I would probably just use it for the garage too. Or use the lighter cream color that is on some of the trim. Not sure I would want to call attention to the garage with a third color.

• B. Christensen
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Chispa thank you for your comment! I actually did suggest that to her.. but she really does not like the all over main color. And the trim is pretty yellowy in person. I'm actually surprised they put that color trim on there with the other colors. But, it is used on all of the townhomes throughout the neighborhood. Is the one color that they have in common… Plus they all have the same roof.

• Olychick
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

I would use a grey the same color as the roof that blends with the stone. I wouldn't want to introduce yet another color into the mix, esp for the garage door. If she doesn't like that for the front door, if the HOA allows it, she could easily repaint the front door in a more welcoming color herself at a later date. This is a really bad mock up using the SW tool. I can't seem to get a lighter gray to cover the garage door, I guess because of the existing color. The trim above is the same color and more what I was trying to do. I am having trouble getting the pic to post....so I reposted in the next comment.

• olychick
    10 months ago

I cannot get the pic to post above. Trying here:

• B. Christensen
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Thank you all for your help and photos. I really do appreciate your time. I painted a bunch of swatches or bought the already available stick on ones if possible... And my painter and builder designer selected Wrought Iron Benjamin Moore. But, we are going to have Sherwin Williams color match it first in the desired paint and paint another swatch first to make sure it still looks good. It was the one that went best with the gray stone. It isn't as dark as it appears on the internet. If that doesn't work... We will start again. Match up with the roof like olychick suggested. (Sorry, just saw your post today!) Thanks again!!!