Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara1384

LVP Options for Resale

Sara K
9 months ago

Hoping to get some advice here! I was originally planning to go with a dark rich LVP for my 1200 sqft townhouse. After laying 3 rows in my master bedroom I really started second guessing my decision. It was making my space feel dark!
As I'm planning to do vinyl throughout my home both on the main and second floors I switched gears for something more light. I needed to brighen up this space as it's not a large home to begin with.
I'm still getting use to the "variation of colors" or if this is just a trend, but would appreciate some input on the 3 colors I've narrowed it down too. What would be best for resale? Everyone might not be a fan of the rustic look. This is my first home so I want to get it right before selling. Probably plan to spend another 5 years here max.
Appreciate anyone's feedback!

Comments (10)

• A G
    9 months ago

It’s hard to tell from the picture, enough info to pick one over another. Plus are there cabinets, trim, other surfaces in your house that need to be considered as far as if each of theses flooring options coordinates? Or is this a total gut job and you haven’t selected those?

I do think these lighter to mid brown colors are great and more neutral than the very bleached looking or very dark colors of flooring.

• PRO
    DeWayne
    9 months ago

Get what you like now. In 5 years time, you will need to replace it to sell then anyway, and you will get what is popular then.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 months ago

IMO you brighten a space with lighting I have had really dark floors in 2 homes and lots of good lighting is what you need. I think if resale in now then do a med brown that seems to be the most popular . If this is something planned for the future who cares you get what you love if you live in the space the next guy will find all kinds of thing they don't like once they buy the house they can do what they want. Coppermine would be my choice if this was all the choices . Get some lighting or no matter what you choose the space will still be dark.

• eld6161
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

The two pictures you are showing have the samples look very different.

What brand are going with?

For me very dark LVP or even hardwood shows dust.

• Sophia
    9 months ago

I personally would say lopus, but like others have said, I think kitchen cabinets and hardware would have to be brought into account.

• dan1888
    9 months ago

Too much color variation for me. Here's a relatively reasonable European Oak engineered hardwood in a light tone. $5.50 direct. Lyon 7" - Flooret

You can see computer pictures are not enough. You need a sample or box.

• elcieg
    9 months ago

Wait until you decide to put it on the market. Things change fast...many of the samples shown are, IMO, trendy (a word I don't use often). You're playing to a 2023 audience. In five years there may be different trends on flooring, different products available. Remember the old berber, with different colored specks in it?

On another note, I would not buy a house with LVP/LVT, unless the price was so good, I could have it replaced. And, there maybe lots of "me's" out there.

• Sara K
    Original Author
    9 months ago

Went with the COPPERMINE and have installed potlights! What a difference my space looks

• K Laurence
    9 months ago

Forget about ”resale” considerations. IF you sell it about 5 years from now it’s very possible that the buyer will install what THEY like. Get what you like. BTW, I’ve had site finished hardwood floors, , engineered hardwood floors in previous homes, now have LVP in my current home ( installed by previous owner ) & I find them very easy to maintain & very forgiving re scratches & dents , etc. since I live at the beach, sand & water issues.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida