Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracy_wiegand22

MSI luxury vinyl flooring

Tracy Wiegand
3 years ago

We are in the process of building a house and are trying to choose our flooring. Has anyone used MSI LVF and what are your thoughts.

Comments (21)

• jillianfl
    3 years ago

I'm hoping someone responds with photos. It will be used in our new build but I am hoping to get another color (they gave us color option of Whitefield Gray and Akadia- I love the color of Akadia but I hate the pattern/ high variation/ super business of it- if you like the barn look you would like prob but I am not a fan of that look personally). Anyway, I went to the showroom when I found out they would be using MSI Everlife and it looks amazing, real, and much nicer than laminate and it will last much better than hardwood. I would 100% use on my own project in future after seeing in person. And better than that it is Greenguard certified, and is phlalate free, and is vinyl free (I don't know why they call it vinyl but it's really a resin, per explanation by sales rep) It does feel like a resin, it makes sense. It feels nicer than ceramic tile and just looks soooo much better than laminate and will be better healthwise than laminate which had lots of negative issues associated. I'm excited about these floor but hoping the builder allows me to pick a different color. Hope someone else chimes in with photos and says what the colors are!

• Kendall Miller
    2 years ago

Taking a shot in the dark...Ordering XL Cyrus Akadia 9x60 Luxury Vinyl Tile on Monday. Can’t find a darn thing about it online. The sales rep at our local flooring store recommended it for our 2,000 sq ft home. We are laying it throughout the entire house.

Pray for me.

Will post pics.

• j_holbert
    2 years ago

I'm sure you'll be fine. MSI is the largest flooring manufacturer in the country, traditionally carrying tile but moving into the LVP realm in the past few years. I assure you they would never put an inferior product on the market without proper testing.

I'm kind of liking the Cyrus line

• j_holbert
    2 years ago

Upon reading Gilligan Gehrity's comment, I shall restructure mine:

I'm sure you'll be fine. MSI is the largest flooring supplier in the country, traditionally carrying tile but moving into the LVP realm in the past few years. I assure you they would never put an inferior product on the market without proper testing.

I'm kind of liking the Cyrus line.

reputable company=good products.

• ambleside14
    2 years ago

Frank Maslanka, would be able to list some photos? I’m looking at the same color for our beach house. How do you like the product so far?

• Frank Maslanka
    2 years ago

We really like the product. It looks great and is holding up to our four pups exceptionally well. I will post pictures when I can.

• Kendall Miller
    2 years ago

Update……we love it

• Mimi
    2 years ago

Did anyone install the Whitefield Gray flooring? Have any photos?

• Gail SHAFTON
    last year

Kendall, what color is that?

• Gail SHAFTON
    last year

I’m reading lots of complaints about the difficulty in keeping these floors clean and it taking a lot of effort to maintain. Any experience with MSI LVP?

• James Cronk
    last year

I sell a ton of MSI LVP and don't have any complaints or claims with it. Customers really like it. It's one of the best values out there.

• Gail SHAFTON
    last year

Thank you James.

• PRO
    Jevima Premium Floors
    last year

it is all about personal preference, with MSI you get good product for price you paying. However, if you looking for a better looking and feeling of floor - then look at LVP that has EIR (embossed in register finish) It looks more natural when print on floor matches the texture.

https://youtu.be/872ztwvNSdI

• dan1888
    last year

Geowood planks are made just like lvp. Swap in a veneer layer of real wood in place of the printed image on vinyl. No repeating pattern every few planks and actual color variation of the wood. I'd choose it every time.

• Kendall Miller
    last year

Gail, Akadia (XL Cyrus Akadia 9x60 Luxury Vinyl Tile) weve had this in since sept 2021 and love it. it cleans up nice and no flaws with a toddler and dog on it daily

• andrew_whit
    13 days ago

Kendall Miller, can you provide a few photos of your Akadia XL? There are still hardly any photos of the XL in a real life (just computer generated ones).

• Kendall Miller
    13 days ago

• Kendall Miller
    13 days ago

• Kendall Miller
    13 days ago

Not as much natural lighting in the green room as the blue room/bathroon has

• andrew_whit
    13 days ago

Thank you!!